Eesti mõisad
 Gutshöfe Estlands
 Viron Kartanot
Estonian Manors
Järvakandi Manor
  Start page

  Sitemap


  List

  Alphabetical

  By parishes and
  historical counties


  By contemporary
  local municipalities



  General

  Various meanings
  of manor


  Types of manors

  Manor complex

Estonian manors
Jerwakant in Kirchspiel Rappel, Harrien

The estate was first mentioned in 1485. While owned by the von Taubes in the 1820s, one of the most luxurious High-Classical main buildings was erected in the estate. The building burnt down in 1905 and only a few ruins in brushwood have remained. A von Taube funeral chapel built in 1848 with a circular ground plan is located near the centre of the estate in the woods.

By the historical distribution the manor was in Rapla Parish in Harjumaa County. By the present administrative distribution it belongs to the Raikküla Municipality in Raplamaa County.

Copyright 1999-2015 © Valdo Praust and Alt-Livland NGO. All Rights Reserved
Translation © 2006 Estonian Association of Masters in Conference Interpreting and Translation
Without limiting the rights under copyright, no part of this website may be reproduced
mois@mois.ee