Eesti mõisad
 Gutshöfe Estlands
 Viron Kartanot
Estonian Manors
Koordi Manor
  Start page

  Sitemap


  List

  Alphabetical

  By parishes and
  historical counties


  By contemporary
  local municipalities



  General

  Various meanings
  of manor


  Types of manors

  Manor complex

Estonian manors
Kirrisaar in Kirchspiel St. Petri, Jerwen

The manor was first mentioned in 1485. It has mostly been connected with the noble families of von Rosencrantz, von Rosen and von Brevern. The Late-Baroque single-storey stone main building was erected in the estate probably at the end of the 18th century. There was a forest district administration in the building for a long time.

In 2004, the building was sold to private possession and was restored. In the middle of fields near the centre of the estate, you can find the family cemetery of von Rosens together with a small funeral chapel.

By the historical distribution the manor was in Peetri Parish in Virumaa County. By the present administrative distribution it belongs to the Roosna-Alliku Municipality in Järvamaa County.

Copyright 1999-2015 © Valdo Praust and Alt-Livland NGO. All Rights Reserved
Translation © 2006 Estonian Association of Masters in Conference Interpreting and Translation
Without limiting the rights under copyright, no part of this website may be reproduced
mois@mois.ee