Eesti mõisad
 Gutshöfe Estlands
 Viron Kartanot
Estonian Manors
Anija Manor
  Start page

  Sitemap


  List

  Alphabetical

  By parishes and
  historical counties


  By contemporary
  local municipalities



  General

  Various meanings
  of manor


  Types of manors

  Manor complex

Estonian manors
Annia in Kirchspiel St. Johannis, Harrien

First mentioned in 1482. It is believed that in the Middle Ages there was a fortified manor house in Anija estate. The present two-storey late Baroque main building was completed in 1802 under the ownership of Stael von Holsteins. Later, the manor belonged to the von Ungern-Sternbergs and von Wahls. In 1924-2002, the manor housed (with breaks) a school. Today, it serves as a community centre and a library. Contacts: anijamois@anija.ee, ph. +372 5553 0038.

By the historical distribution the manor was in Harju-Jaani Parish in Harjumaa County. By the present administrative distribution it belongs to the Anija Municipality in Harjumaa County.

Copyright 1999-2013 © Valdo Praust and Alt-Livland NGO. All Rights Reserved
Translation © 2006 Estonian Association of Masters in Conference Interpreting and Translation
Without limiting the rights under copyright, no part of this website may be reproduced
mois@mois.ee