Eesti mõisad
 Gutshöfe Estlands
 Viron Kartanot
Estonian Manors
Harku Manor
  Start page

  Sitemap


  List

  Alphabetical

  By parishes and
  historical counties


  By contemporary
  local municipalities



  General

  Various meanings
  of manor


  Types of manors

  Manor complex

Estonian manors
Hark in Kirchspiel Kegel, Harrien

The manor was first mentioned in 1372 and belonged to the Livonian Order during the Middle Ages. The ruins of a small stronghold, which was erected at this time, can still be seen near the centre of the manor. Later it was mainly associate with the noble families von Uexkuell, von Budberg and von Ungern-Sternberg. The two-storied main building was built in several phases during the 17-19th centuries. Today we can see it in Neo-Renaissance style, built in 1875. The building now houses the Institute of Experimental Biology.

By the historical distribution the manor was in Keila Parish in Harjumaa County. By the present administrative distribution it belongs to the Harku Municipality in Harjumaa County.

Copyright 1999-2015 © Valdo Praust and Alt-Livland NGO. All Rights Reserved
Translation © 2006 Estonian Association of Masters in Conference Interpreting and Translation
Without limiting the rights under copyright, no part of this website may be reproduced
mois@mois.ee