Eesti mõisad
 Gutshöfe Estlands
 Viron Kartanot
Estonian Manors
Keila-Joa Manor
  Start page




  By parishes and
  historical counties

  By contemporary
  local municipalities


  Various meanings
  of manor

  Types of manors

  Manor complex

Estonian manors
Schloß Fall in Kirchspiel Kegel, Harrien

The estate was first mentioned in the 16th century. The centre was completed properly while the manor belonged to the von Benckendorffs in the 1830s and 1840s. The two-storey main building (completed in 1833, designed by the architect Andreas Stackenschneider from St. Petersburg) was one of the earliest Neo-Gothic structures in Estonia.

Numerous outbuildings were constructed in the same style. The centre of the manor, owned by the Strategic Rocket Forces during the Soviet era, now belongs to the Estonian Ministry of Foreign Affairs, but is not being used currently and is awaiting restoration. In 2010 the manor was sold into private hands. Look at

By the historical distribution the manor was in Keila Parish in Harjumaa County. By the present administrative distribution it belongs to the Keila Municipality in Harjumaa County.

Copyright 1999-2015 © Valdo Praust and Alt-Livland NGO. All Rights Reserved
Translation © 2006 Estonian Association of Masters in Conference Interpreting and Translation
Without limiting the rights under copyright, no part of this website may be reproduced