Eesti mõisad
 Gutshöfe Estlands
 Viron Kartanot
Estonian Manors
Viimsi Manor
  Start page

  Sitemap


  List

  Alphabetical

  By parishes and
  historical counties


  By contemporary
  local municipalities



  General

  Various meanings
  of manor


  Types of manors

  Manor complex

Estonian manors
Wiems in Kirchspiel Jegelecht, Harrien

In the Middle Ages the manor house belonged to Pirita (St. Brigitta) Nunnery, later it was associated with the noble families of von Stenbock, von Buxhoevden, von Maydell and von Schottländer. The one-storey stone-made house got its present historicist shape after the fire of 1865.

The building now houses the National War Museum of Estonia and the Museum of General Laidoner. Additional information: http://www.laidoner.ee/, info@laidoner.ee, ph. +372 621 7410.


By the historical distribution the manor was in Jõelähtme Parish in Harjumaa County. By the present administrative distribution it belongs to the Viimsi Municipality in Harjumaa County.

Copyright 1999-2013 © Valdo Praust and Alt-Livland NGO. All Rights Reserved
Translation © 2006 Estonian Association of Masters in Conference Interpreting and Translation
Without limiting the rights under copyright, no part of this website may be reproduced
mois@mois.ee