Eesti mõisad
 Gutshöfe Estlands
 Viron Kartanot
Estonian Manors
Valgu Manor
  Start page

  Sitemap


  List

  Alphabetical

  By parishes and
  historical counties


  By contemporary
  local municipalities



  General

  Various meanings
  of manor


  Types of manors

  Manor complex

Estonian manors
Walck in Kirchspiel Merjama, Wiek

The manor, first mentioned in 1284, belonged later to the noble families of von Budberg, von Staal, von Uexküll and Pilar von Pilchau. The Classical two-storey main building, constructed around the year 1820, was burnt down in 1905 and restored without the porticos. Today the building houses a school.

By the historical distribution the manor was in Märjamaa Parish in Läänemaa County. By the present administrative distribution it belongs to the Märjamaa Municipality in Raplamaa County.

Copyright 1999-2015 © Valdo Praust and Alt-Livland NGO. All Rights Reserved
Translation © 2006 Estonian Association of Masters in Conference Interpreting and Translation
Without limiting the rights under copyright, no part of this website may be reproduced
mois@mois.ee