Eesti mõisad
 Gutshöfe Estlands
 Viron Kartanot
Estonian Manors
Helme Manor
  Start page

  Sitemap


  List

  Alphabetical

  By parishes and
  historical counties


  By contemporary
  local municipalities



  General

  Various meanings
  of manor


  Types of manors

  Manor complex

Estonian manors
Schloß Helmet in Kirchspiel Helmet, Kreis Fellin

The Helme manor emerged in the Middle Ages next to the Livonian Order stronghold, and later it belonged to the noble families de la Gardie, Edler von Rennekampff and von Stryk. The antiquarian main building, built in the 1770's, has still remained and is being used by an agricultural school. The ruins of the Order stronghold can also still be seen. Probably the world's first memorial to Friedrich Schiller was set up here (not preserved).

By the historical distribution the manor was in Helme Parish in Viljandimaa County. By the present administrative distribution it belongs to the Helme Municipality in Valgamaa County.

Copyright 1999-2015 © Valdo Praust and Alt-Livland NGO. All Rights Reserved
Translation © 2006 Estonian Association of Masters in Conference Interpreting and Translation
Without limiting the rights under copyright, no part of this website may be reproduced
mois@mois.ee