Eesti mõisad
 Gutshöfe Estlands
 Viron Kartanot
Estonian Manors
Kalvi Manor
  Start page

  Sitemap


  List

  Alphabetical

  By parishes and
  historical counties


  By contemporary
  local municipalities



  General

  Various meanings
  of manor


  Types of manors

  Manor complex

Estonian manors
Pöddes in Kirchspiel Maholm, Wierland

The estate was first mentioned in 1485, when there was a vassal fortress built for the von Lode family. Later on, the estate belonged to the Kalffs, von Essens and von Stackelbergs. The Early-Classical main building that had replaced the medieval fortress in the 1770s burnt down in 1911 (in ruins), after which a new luxurious eclectic main building was erected nearby and completed in 1913. Because of its corner towers and granite facing tiles, the building reminds one of a medieval fortress.

In 2000–2001, the main building was restored as a hotel and restaurant.

By the historical distribution the manor was in Viru-Nigula Parish in Virumaa County. By the present administrative distribution it belongs to the Aseri Municipality in Ida-Virumaa County.

Copyright 1999-2013 © Valdo Praust and Alt-Livland NGO. All Rights Reserved
Translation © 2006 Estonian Association of Masters in Conference Interpreting and Translation
Without limiting the rights under copyright, no part of this website may be reproduced
mois@mois.ee