Eesti mõisad
 Gutshöfe Estlands
 Viron Kartanot
Estonian Manors
Palmse Manor
  Start page

  Sitemap


  List

  Alphabetical

  By parishes and
  historical counties


  By contemporary
  local municipalities



  General

  Various meanings
  of manor


  Types of manors

  Manor complex

Estonian manors
Palms in Kirchspiel St. Katharinen, Wierland

In the Middle Ages, this manor, which was first mentioned in 1510, belonged to Tallinn Cistercian Nunnery. Later, it was associated with the von der Pahlen noble family for a long time. The two-storey main building was completed in 1697; its current look originates from rebuilding in the 18th century. There is a magnificent park on the grounds of the manor and numerous valuable outbuildings.

This is one of the best-known manors in Estonia, which was completely restored in the 1970s and 1980s (and belongs to Museums of Virumaa). Additional information – museum: http://www.svm.ee/, palmse.mois@neti.ee, ph. +372 324 0070, +372 55 599 977; hotel: http://www.phpalmse.ee/, info@phpalmse.ee, ph. +372 322 3626, +372 56 464 170.

By the historical distribution the manor was in Kadrina Parish in Virumaa County. By the present administrative distribution it belongs to the Vihula Municipality in Lääne-Virumaa County.

Copyright 1999-2015 © Valdo Praust and Alt-Livland NGO. All Rights Reserved
Translation © 2006 Estonian Association of Masters in Conference Interpreting and Translation
Without limiting the rights under copyright, no part of this website may be reproduced
mois@mois.ee