Eesti mõisad
 Gutshöfe Estlands
 Viron Kartanot
Estonian Manors
Tuhala Manor
  Start page

  Sitemap


  List

  Alphabetical

  By parishes and
  historical counties


  By contemporary
  local municipalities



  General

  Various meanings
  of manor


  Types of manors

  Manor complex

Estonian manors
Toal in Kirchspiel Kosch, Harrien

The manor, first mentioned in 1468, belonged for longer periods of time to the von Delwigs, von Ullrichs, von Wrangells, von Mellins and von Lilienfelds. The Early-Classical two-storey main building, constructed around the year 1800, was rebuilt in the 1880s in the sumptuous Neo-Classical style.

After a fire in 1905, the manor was restored only in part and a great part of the main building was sold in 1938 as building material (a few ruins and some outbuildings have been preserved). The cartographer Ludwig August von Mellin, author of the first atlas of Livonia, was born in the manor.


By the historical distribution the manor was in Kose Parish in Harjumaa County. By the present administrative distribution it belongs to the Kose Municipality in Harjumaa County.

Copyright 1999-2013 © Valdo Praust and Alt-Livland NGO. All Rights Reserved
Translation © 2006 Estonian Association of Masters in Conference Interpreting and Translation
Without limiting the rights under copyright, no part of this website may be reproduced
mois@mois.ee