Eesti mõisad
 Gutshöfe Estlands
 Viron Kartanot
Estonian Manors
Põltsamaa Manor (Castle)
  Start page

  Sitemap


  List

  Alphabetical

  By parishes and
  historical counties


  By contemporary
  local municipalities



  General

  Various meanings
  of manor


  Types of manors

  Manor complex

Estonian manors
Schloß Oberpahlen in Kirchspiel Oberpahlen, Kreis Fellin

The large Livonian Order Castle with a courtyard, established in the 13th -16th century, was rebuilt in the 17th -18th century into a palace-like castle. In the 1750s, it belonged to the von Lauws, but in 1794 the Russian Empress Catharine II bought the castle and sent her illegitimate son, Aleksei Bobrinski, there. Later, it belonged to Prince Gagarin and has lied in ruins since 1941.

Contact (museum in castle outhouse): turism@poltsamaa.ee, ph. +372 775 1390, +372 529 3307.


By the historical distribution the manor was in Põltsamaa Parish in Viljandimaa County. By the present administrative distribution it belongs to the Põltsamaa Town in Jõgevamaa County.

Copyright 1999-2013 © Valdo Praust and Alt-Livland NGO. All Rights Reserved
Translation © 2006 Estonian Association of Masters in Conference Interpreting and Translation
Without limiting the rights under copyright, no part of this website may be reproduced
mois@mois.ee